Thursday, August 1, 2013

Breathing the air of gratitude

School is over for a few weeks, and every day I wake up and feel so blessed to have the job I do, live in the place I do, have the family I have, to have the faith i have, to have a Father in Heaven who knows me and loves me, and to know that I am okay. Now that last part may seem a little silly but consider this...

There are so many people in the world who are not okay. They are struggling financially, physically, spiritually, and in so many ways that I cannot comprehend. I mean I have a mattress to sleep on! That is doing so much better than half of the world! I have food to eat! Clean water! And thank heaven I have indoor plumbing and electricity! I sometimes forget that these are actually luxuries!

I won't be rambling on too much this evening but I do want everyone who reads this very short post to try that little activity you hear about- to write down three things every day that you are grateful for. Try to make this a creative activity. This has opened my eyes to so many things I didn't really REALIZE that I had! Once you adopt this air of gratitude, it seems like all of the silly burdens of the world are lightened because you have SO much to be grateful for.

Just something to think about...


No comments:

Post a Comment